Meetings: Second Friday of each month – 8:30 a.m., Chamber Boardroom
Chair: Deb Blair, Community Credit Union
The Education Committee’s mission is to serve as a catalyst for the development and delivery of community-based business education and related activities.
The Titusville Chamber of Commerce Education Committee strives to support and sponsor the transition of students from high school into the business arena. By awarding excellence, exposing opportunities and setting examples, the committee members hope to promote strong, successful future business leaders.
The committee focuses on:
- Creating a smooth transition for high school or college students into North Brevard’s business and unique industry communities.
- Rewarding business partners for their support and contribution to Titusville schools through its Partners in the Business of Education (PITBOE) program.
- Exposing students to the natural, cultural and business environments in Titusville, through its Passport to Discovery program for grades K-6.
- Recognizing and providing funding to youth with excellent performance in the areas of academic, school and civic leadership through its Outstanding Young Adults (OYA) program. The 2017-18 Outstanding Young Adults applications is now available. Download the application (.pdf)
- Providing opportunities for Titusville students to interact with business professionals and encourage a future in business or entrepreneurism.
There is no cost to participate on this committee.
If you would like to participate on this committee, please contact Sue St.Cyr at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.