Governmental Affairs Committee
Meetings: Third Thursday of each month – 8:00 a.m.
Chair: Al Taylor
The Governmental Affairs Committee’s mission is to identify, monitor and evaluate legislation and specific issues affecting business and the community, develop position recommendations for the Board of Directors action and take a proactive role in the local, state and federal governmental process.
This committee’s focus:
- Providing an opportunity for committee members to keep informed about activities that are relevant to the business community
- Providing them with the opportunity to connect with those at the city, county, state and federal levels that have influence in the decision making process that affects the business community
- Proving them with the forums to give their input and opinions on the process of making those decisions.
If you would like to participate on this committee, please contact Pat Stevenson at email@example.com for more information.
HIGHLIGHTS OF CURRENT ACTIVITIES
- Have input into the process of creating the Legislative Priorities of the Chamber
- Have the opportunity to attend an annual trip to Tallahassee to share those priorities with our elected state officials
- Offer an opportunity to participate in an annual trip to Washington to Citizens for Space, meeting with US Congressmen and their representatives about the importance of the US Space Program.
- Provide an opportunity for North Brevard constituents to be informed concerning the recent legislative session activities
- Provide a forum for candidates and potential candidates to meet and greet with the community prior to the general election.