Titusville Area Visitors Council (TAVC)
Meetings: Third Thursday of each month – 2:00 p.m.
Chair: Nancy Evans
The Titusville Area Visitors Council’s (TAVC) mission is to promote and further visitor, convention and tourism activities.
The Titusville Area Visitors Council is charged with ensuring representation of the north Brevard community to potential travelers and that member organizations have a vehicle for enhancing their options to generate economic benefit within this sector and to the community through visitor expenditures.
Council focuses on:
- Being a focal point for supporting tourism industry activities as it relates to north area offers and development
- Providing information that enhances the quality of the visitor experience
- Providing an effective way for TAVC members to work together for both the greater good and to promote the area in conjunction with supporting their individual businesses
- Providing collaborative leadership in innovative marketing of the north area destination
- Serving as a convener to discuss issues of significance to north Brevard destination growth and vitality
- Support and encourage the delivery of tourism/hospitality education and training programs
The Council applies for grants to help promote the Titusville/Florida Space Coast area. The cost of membership is an additional $100 per year to be a part of this Council.
If you would like to participate on this committee, please contact Kuimba Boston at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
HIGHLIGHTS OF CURRENT ACTIVITIES
- Developing the LAUNCH FROM HERE campaign
- Growing collaborators and contributors to the LFH campaign
- Developing mapping that promotes location proximity to major attractions, cities and visitor options
- Profiling the hidden adventures within the destination, creating compelling storytelling and imagery
- Providing ways to share assets with TAVC members to help enhance their promotions and link together for greater destination message clout
- Encourage sharing of resident and visitor experiences with permissioned imagery to the TAVC
- Beginning a merchandise program to leverage funds for sustaining destination promotion efforts
- Working with Space Coast of Tourism and the City of Titusville and others to leverage opportunities